Archive

Friday, March 3, 2017

Going “cray-cray” on vacay!

So, not too long ago I went to Spain for a week with my bestie, and I thought I would tell you guys about the whole experience:

I am the kind of person that packs my suitcase neatly at least a couple of weeks before I go somewhere, and I have to be at the airport super early to avoid being turned into a blob of stress … It's kind of our family curse, and it gets me every time I travel.


The absolute most important criteria for us when we booked the hotel were the age limits. We wanted to have a quiet and relaxing vacation after a long and stressful year, and well, when you have a hotel full of kids running around like headless chickens screaming bloody murder all the time it doesn’t exactly recharge your batteries …

So then we ended up in a hotel with mainly old German people. Sounds nice right? No kids screaming by the pool, just old people who read books the entire day and goes to bed early. But oooh boy did it come with a major drawback! You see, the thing about old people is that they do not give a poo about anything … And then I mean literally anything! I think I got blind at least seven times per day because of all the old men in way to small speedos, that one old topless woman with her raisin buns out, tomato-red men beginning to peel because they were to “manly” for sunscreen, and their wives actually ripping off flakes of dead skin form their hairy bodies … At least I had a lot of time to consider what my guide dog was going to be called …

When we went to Greece the year before that we at least had a little more people our age staying at the hotel, but during that vacation it was me and my bff who had the roles of old grannies:


When we came back from dinner and some “late” night shopping every night, we would meet hoards of people going out. Their night had just started as we were heading back to the hotel to go to bed. Absolutely all the other people within our age group were out partying, drinking, dancing and who knows what else, and then there was me and my friend …
We got to bed early, got annoyed if we heard beer cans being opened and people talking a little too loud outside, we got up early and ate breakfast together with the rest of the oldies, and when the “youngsters” finally came out hung-over as f at like one o’clock we went inside to take a nap … We didn’t exactly go “cray cray” during our vacation!


Love, Amelié


1 comment: