Archive

Monday, May 8, 2017

Oh the joy of living in the countryside …

So, I live in the countryside, and although it has certain benefits like fresh air and no noise pollution, there are drawbacks as well.

Birds are one of those drawbacks, and especially during springtime. They become quite aggressive in order to protect their eggs, and terns are by far the worst. You literally need to wear your bicycle helmet if you plan on going outside, or else you will be pecked to death by one of them! 

I have had so many terns swoop down and peck my helmet whenever I bike along the seaside, but hey, what better motivation to pedal faster than a swarm of angry terns flying after you (and remembering that your helmet has holes in it)?!?!


Aside from annoying birds we have quite a lot of annoying reindeer that likes to eat all my father’s plants, and tends poop all over our backyard.

We once had a very “lazy” reindeer that had taken a liking to the flowerbed right beneath my bedroom window, and refused to move, so it stayed there.
I had my bed right under the window and could hear it move during the night. Then it finally got quiet and I was like “Oh, it finally went away!” But nope, that was not quite the case, as I quickly realized when I opened the window the next morning …


So to all you “city-people”; life in the countryside is not as quiet and peaceful as you may think!


Love, Amelié


No comments:

Post a Comment